What information do we collect and how?We may collect personal information directly from you when you voluntarily choose to participate in our offers, promotions and competitions, call or email us, or otherwise provide information directly to us. We may collect the following information directly from you:
- Identification data: ex. name, postal address, telephone number
- electronic location data
- electronic identification data: email address, IP address
- profession and job
- professional contact details
- consumption habits
- device information
- household composition
Purposes for collection and useDuracell collects and uses your personal information in the following ways:
- Direct marketing: when we receive explicit consent to, we will collect and use information voluntarily submitted to us to send you requested materials or provide information about our products, services, promotions and competitions. If you have requested product information or to participate in a promotion or competition, or if you have bought products, we may also use your personal information to provide information about products, promotions or competitions we think may be of interest to you. Users who wish to stop receiving these materials may unsubscribe by clicking on the link in those materials or by getting in touch with us: https://www.duracell.com.au/help/#contact-us
- Product development, customer management, testing, improvement and troubleshooting: To secure and protect the integrity of this website, and for website and product development. When we receive your explicit consent to collect tracking information via cookies, we also may use viewing data to analyse how visitors use the website in order to provide statistics and improve the experience of interacting with the website. See hereunder for more information in this respect.
- As permitted to meet applicable legal obligations: we may pursuant to valid legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order, allow access to any information (including personal information) provided to Duracell, in order to comply with such process and to protect our rights and property. If warranted, we may also allow access to this information in special emergencies where physical safety is at risk.
- To the extent necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you, for purposes of customer and contract management.
Information SharingThe success of our business depends on your trust, and we do not sell your personal information to marketers outside of Duracell. We do not share personal information with marketers outside of Duracell.
- Third-party service providers
- Fulfill your product and service requests and answer your questions.
- Host our websites and deliver our communications.
- Mail product samples, contact contest winners.
- Conduct research and analyse data to improve our products, services and websites.
- Perform other services that we request.
- Aggregated and non-personal information
- Other situations
- To protect and defend the rights and property of Duracell (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions).
- When required by law and/or government authorities.
Information TransferYour personal information may be transferred and stored outside your place of residence, in locations that are subject to different standards of data protection. Duracell may transfer your personal information within Duracell and/or to other third parties, such as our third-party service providers located outside your place of residence. This may include transfer to the United States. When we do so, we transfer the information in compliance with applicable data protection laws. We have implemented procedures and controls to help ensure that personal information is protected no matter what country it is stored in or transferred to.
Accuracy of InformationWe take reasonable steps designed to keep your personal information accurate. However, we also rely on you to provide accurate and complete information and inform us of any changes.
Your rights in connection with your personal informationUnder certain circumstances, and as required by applicable laws you may have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information.
- Request correction of any incomplete or inaccurate personal information that we hold about you.
- Lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority for data protection.